All business/company (entity) that are registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) is qualified for the promotion on condition that they have not made a reservation or activated a reserved name under the SME scheme before. Additionally, it is crucial to aware that the entity who has an expired reserved name under this campaign has disqualified itself from the campaign.
A reserved name has a 90 days reservation period, therefore, it is important to activate the name before expiry. For example, if XYZ Pte Ltd has reserved the name on 5 October 2015, they can enjoy the promotion if their domain name is activated by 2 January 2016.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. You can reserve only one domain name for each entity registered with ACRA in Singapore.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. This campaign is valid for “.sg” and “.com.sg” domain names only.
You do not have to pay anything to reserve a domain name (ending with “com.sg” or “.sg”).
Your reservation will lapse if no activation was made within the 90 days reservation period. You can’t re-activate the reservation and your reserved domain name. Others can now register or reserve the domain name on a first-come-first-served basis.
Go to www.sgnic.sg and type the domain name in the “Whois” box found on the top right-hand corner. On the WHOIS result page, search for the “Expiration Date” for the ending date of reservation and the Domain Status will show that it is “Pending Activation”.
To activate your reserved domain name, all you need to do is to provide us the following details:-
(a) For Businesses: Your reserved domain name, ACRA Registration Number, date of incorporation, and the NRIC number of any of the business owners.
(b) For Companies: Your reserved domain name, ACRA Registration Number and the NRIC number of any company shareholders or directors.
- Promotion price is applicable to new registration only. For renewal, the price will be reverted to default price.
- The Free hosting plan available for this promo is EBiz Lite Plan. Customers are not allowed to opt for other hosting plan.
- Exabytes is not allowed to claim the domain for your company if you did not reserve your domain with ACRA during your BizFile registration.
- Your domain claim application status will be updated within 24 hours from the time of application.
- This promotion is strictly for “com.sg” and “.sg” domains only. It does not include other Singapore domain extensions such as .org.sg, .net.sg, .edu.sg, etc.
- If your reservation was made via ACRA’s BizFile system and the reservation period has ended, your reservation will lapse if no activation was made and you will not be entitled for the promo. In addition, that domain name will be available for registration/reservation again by any party on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You can only reserve one domain for each business or company in Singapore.
- You must activate the domain name with us within 90 days from the date your business/company is successfully registered with ACRA.
- This promo is open to all businesses/companies that are registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) on/after 5 October 2012