GOOGLE CHROME: Your website will be Marked ‘NOT SECURE’ without SSL!!
What Is SSL?
Encryption, Validation, Trust
An SSL Certificate is a special file on your web server that enables encrypted security for online communications. SSL creates an encrypted connection between your web server and your visitors’ web browser allowing for private information (example: credit card details) to be transmitted without the problems of eavesdropping, data tampering, or message forgery.
To enable SSL certificate for a website, one will need to get an SSL Certificate that identifies him/her/the business and install it on the server. If you’ve ever bought anything online, you would’ve probably used SSL without realizing it. The use of a SSL Certificate on a website is usually indicated by a padlock icon on web browsers but it can also be indicated by a green address bar.
Why You Need SSL Certificate?
- To Prevent Your Customers’ Sensitive Data Such As Credit Card Numbers And Passwords From Being Intercepted By A Third Party.
- To Help Visitors To Identify Your Website As Legitimate And Increase Visitor Trust.
- Make Potential Customers Feel Safe And Confident To Perform Online Transactions Or Do Business With You.
How Does SSL Work?
This Presumes That SSL Has Already Been Issued By SSL Issuing Authority.
What Type of SSL Certificate is Suitable for Your Website?
Compare types of SSL Certificates
Terms and Conditions
- Promotion price is applicable to new registration only. For renewal, the price will be reverted to default price.
- All prices are quoted in Singapore Dollar.
- This promotion is valid until 31 January 2019.
- Promotion price only entitle for new signup.
- Strictly NO REFUND is allowed for SSL Certificate purchases.
- For enquiries, please contact us.
- You do agree to our terms of service available here.
- Exabytes reserves the right to amend any Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SSL?
An SSL (secure socket layer) Certificate is a special file on your web server that enables encrypted security for online communications. SSL creates an encrypted connection between your web server and your visitors’ web browsers allowing for private information (example: credit card details) to be transmitted without the problems of eavesdropping, data tampering, or message forgery.
When do I need SSL?
If you are running e-commerce transaction or you have a web site that request for customers private & confidential information, it is strongly recommended that you installed SSL to your site. In other words, to be a responsible web site owner, you shall have a SSL certificate in order to protect your customers info to be tapped or stolen via Internet.
What is the requirement to purchase a SSL?
You need to have a domain name and a dedicated IP for your website in order to setup the SSL to your web site.
How soon can I get my SSL?
For QuickSSL, you may receive the SSL within 24 hours after your domain name is validated and authenticated by GeoTrust. For a fully authenticated certificate such as Power Server ID or True BusinessID certificate and it can take 3 to 5 days to be issued.
Can I try an SSL Certificate before purchasing?
No. There is no trial available.
How do I renew my certificate?
If your SSL certificate is purchased from Exabytes
You will have to pay for the SSL price (to Exabytes)
One-Time Setup Fee (S$80) to Exabytes
If your SSL certificate is purchased from other SSL provider
You will have to pay for the SSL price (to SSL provider)
Setup Fee (S$80/installation) to Exabytes
Who can get an EV SSL certificate?
Corporations, LLCs, sole proprietorships, partnerships, governments, and schools. Basically any entity that is legally registered with your local or state government.
Can I apply for an EV certificate as an individual?
No, individuals, that are not registered as a sole proprietorship, cannot apply for EV.
How quick can I get it?
True BusinessID EV takes about 10 days to complete.