Steps To Claim Your FREE .SG/.COM.SG Domain (SGNIC-IPOS PROGRAMME)
If you have register the intellectual property of trademark, patent and design, fill out the form below (T&C : Your business is registered with IPOS’ IP2SC system)
Upon receiving your form, our Sales Specialist will get in touch with you ASAP.
Our sales team will help you to register a Domain Name.
Claim Your .SG / .COM.SG Domain for FREE!(SGNIC-IPOS PROGRAMME)
Do you wish to register the first Domain for your Business? Have you reserved your SG Domain with IPOS? Do you register the intellectual property of trademark, patent and design for your business through IPOS’ IP2SG system on or after 9 June 2016? If you do, congratulations! You can NOW claim your .SG / .COM.SG domain with us for FREE (Normal price: S$55)
Why Are Domains Important For Businesses?
Register a domain name before your competitors so that no one can trade on the name you’ve built for yourself.
Your domain name is your BRAND. Owning a domain name is the first important step towards Online Branding.
Branding makes customers come back. Today, many customers would remember your domain name more than your company name.
A good domain name and website enhance your company image and Business Credibility.
A Quick Check To See If Your Business Is Eligible For A FREE .SG / .COM.SG Domain:
Do You Have The Following Information Ready?
- The domain name that you want to reserve
- The IP2SG’s application number
- The SingPass number of administrator (local contact for the IP application on IP2SG)
Your Business Has Not Registered Any Domain
You have not registered any domain for your business. Also, your business is registered with IPOS’ IP2SG system.
On Or After June 9, 2016 Only
To claim, your business/company must register with IPOS’ IP2SG system on/after 9 June 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for the free reservation of domain names under the SGNIC?
Only domain names ending with “.com.sg” or “.sg” is applicable for this programme. If the applicant is a corporate body, both “com.sg” and “.sg” are available for reservation. If the applicant is an individual, only “.sg” is available for reservation. Please read the category rules before selecting.
The person handling the IP application (Filer) on IP2SG holding a SingPass will be the administrative contact for the domain name. The Singapore contact details of the Filer on IP2SG will be used for the domain reservation.
How do I reserve a domain name?
Upon completion of filing an application on IP2SG, an application number will be issued. With his application number, you will be shown the option to reserve a domain name on IP2SG :
- (a) First check if the domain name (ending with “.com.sg” or “.sg”) you want is available for reservation with a domain name availability check on IP2SG system. Remember to check on domain category rules to decide on which extension for your reserve name, click here for the details.
- (b) If the name is available, it will be listed as “Available” to be reserved on IP2SG system. The filer’s details with IP2SG will be automatically filled as the appointed Administrator of the reserved domain name. The information of IP2SG application number, Filer’s NRIC or FIN number will be furnished to SGNIC’s system for the reserved name. Additional information such as IP Owner’s (or applicant) contact details will be required for the reservation after you have clicked to reserve the name.
- (c) After you have successfully reserved your domain name, to use the domain name you will need to “activate” the reserved name with Exabytes.sg within 90 calendar days from reservation. Please also read on “If I have reserved a domain name, how do I activate the reserved domain name?”
If I have missed the opportunity to reserve a domain name, can I still reserve a domain name?
Yes, you may re-enter IP2SG system and follow the portal’s guidance to reserve a name.
Can I reserve more than one domain name?
No, you can only reserve one domain name for each application number issued by IP2SG, for either “com.sg” or “.sg”.
Can I reserve "org.sg", "net.sg" or "edu.sg" domain name?
No, this programme is for “com.sg” and “.sg” domain name extension only. For the rest of the extension, you may direct contact our Sales Team at email@example.com or view the details at HERE.
How much does it cost to reserve a domain name?
No fee is charged for reserving a domain name (ending with “.com.sg” or “.sg”). To use the domain name, however, you will need to “activate” the reserved domain name with Exabytes.sg within 90 calendar days of reservation. For example, if a domain name was reserved on 5 October 2015, the domain name can be activated by 2 January 2016 without a fee. Please also read on “If I have reserved a domain name, how do I activate the reserved domain name?”.
What happens after the reservation period?
Reservation must be made via IP2SG system with a validity of 90 calendar days to activate the reserved name. Do note that your reservation will lapse if no activation is made within the reservation period. At the end of the reservation period, the reserved domain name will be for registration by any party on a first-come-first-served basis. In addition, you will not be able to re-use the same application number to reserve another name.
I have forgotten whether my reservation period has ended. What should I do?
If you have reserved the domain name via IP2SG system, go to www.sgnic.sg and type the domain name in the “Whois” box at the top right corner of the website. The “Expired Date” will show the reservation end date of the reserved domain name, which is 90 calendar days from the day of reservation on IP2SG. Alternatively, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact SGNIC hotline at (65) 6659 2534 or email email@example.com to seek clarification.
Do I have to pay after the reservation period ends?
No, there will be no penalty payment for not activating your reserved domain name.
If I have reserved a domain name, how do I activate the reserved domain name?
To activate the domain name you have reserved, may contact Exabytes.sg with the following information to retrieve the reserved name:
- The reserved domain name (com.sg or .sg);
- IPOS application number and;
- The identity number of administrator (The filer on IPOS system who has a Singapore NRIC).
Please also read “How much do I have to pay to activate the reserved domain name?”
I have forgotten the domain name that I have reserved. What should I do?
If you wish to activate your domain name, but you are unable to recall the domain name that you have reserved, may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or SGNIC hotline at (65) 6659 2534 or email email@example.com for more information. Please provide the IP2SG application number and Filer’s NRIC number to facilitate checking.
How much do I have to pay to activate the reserved domain name?
There is no cost to activate the reserved domain name reserved through IP2SG. However, please note that both Exabyytes.sg and SGNIC are unable to reserve or activate a name under this programme if the name is not reserved through IP2SG.
What is the role of the filer or filing agent in activation of domain name?
The filer or filing agent for the IP application will act as the administrative contact for the reservation and activation of the domain name. The administrative contact will need to fulfil the requirement of category rules of the name extension (com.sg or .sg).
In addition please note that with effect from 2 May 2013, all new com.sg and .sg names registered will have to undergo compulsory verification using SingPass. The verification is to be carried out by the administrative contact of a domain name. Click here for verifiedid.sgnic.sg for more information on the verification of domain name.
Are you facing any issue while claiming your domain name?
Fill out the form below and our staff will get in touch with you soon!
Terms and Conditions
- Promotion price is applicable to new registration only. For renewal, the price will be reverted to default price.
- Exabytes is not allowed to claim the domain for your company if you did not reserve your domain with IPOS’ IP2SG system.
- Your domain claim application status will be updated within 24 hours from the time of application.
- This promotion is strictly for “com.sg” and “.sg” domains only. It does not include other Singapore domain extensions such as .org.sg, .net.sg, .edu.sg, etc.
- Free domain is only applicable for the first year of domain registration. For domain renewal, price will revert to normal.
- If your reservation was made via IPOS’ IP2SG system and the reservation period has ended, your reservation will lapse if no activation was made and you will not be entitled for the promo. In addition, that domain name will be available for registration/reservation again by any party on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You can only reserve one domain for IP (Intellectual Property) application made and paid on IP2SG.
- You must activate the domain name with us within 90 days from the date your IP application was successfully registered with IPOS’ IP2SG system.
- This promo is open to all businesses/companies that have made an IP registration with IPOS’ IP2SG system on/after 9 June 2016.