Did you know that Plesk had released the latest version of their updates?
6 Features You Should Know in Plesk 2020
Nowadays, taking care of your server is not an easy job at all. There are so many things you need to know, remember, and take care of, which can make your job really hectic. And that’s why Plesk has developed the Advisor extension to ease the workload of the Plesk administrators and customers.
What does the Advisor do? Well, it combines the best practices regarding security, performance of the server and hosted websites. Here are what the Advisor does:
- Scans the server and hosted websites automatically, and shows the required issues that need your attention.
- Gives your server a rating and provide suggestions or recommendations of best practices from Plesk.
- Displays the actions recommended for fixing the detected issues grouped by sections (security, performance, SEO, and update).
System Resource Usage Limits
One of the major pain for every shared hosting provider is the limiting usage of system resources. To solve this issue, Plesk introduced the ability to limit the amount of system resources that can be used by a particular subscription to prevent server abuse caused by malicious or poorly written scripts and applications.
This feature can be limited to the following system resources:
- Disk I/O
This ability requires CGroups (Control Groups) feature of Linux kernel, so it’s available only on OSes with systemd (for example: Centos 7, Debian 8, and Ubuntu 16.4).
- With just a few clicks, Node.js application will be added to your websites
- Manage application easily from Plesk (stop/start/restart the application, run scripts, edit configuration files and many more).
- Multiple Node.js versions can be installed on the server (Linux Only).
Learn more here
Identify gaps and optimize potential SEO strategy, monitor your keywords ranking, and benchmark yourself with your potential competitors without leaving Plesk.
- Site Audit examines your websites to identify SEO issues and provide optimization suggestions that could be done.
- Rank Tracker to see each keyword performance and compare it with your competitors.
- SEO Advisor provides potential changes to optimize your website performance.
- Monitor your competitors and seek for important keywords.
The new self-repair tool automatically fixes issues to bring it back online and prevent Plesk operating to run improperly. You are encouraged to use this repair kit to try to fix the issues before contacting support. Even if Plesk is not accessible, you still can use Repair Kit to repair your server from a browser window. Repair Kit is useful in the following cases:
- User is unsure of the root cause of the issue.
- User does not have root access to the server.
- User is unskilled in server and infrastructure management.
Learn more about How to use Repair Kit when Plesk is unavailable.
There are a lot of features that have been added to WordPress Toolkit which WordPress developers may love.
Features for Plesk Onyx:
- Create Plugin and Theme sets and install them on a particular or multiple WordPress.
- If you cannot find a desired Plugin and Theme, you can upload your own Plugin and Theme sets and install them on WordPress.
- New security enhancement of WordPress (Example Pingbacks).
- Clone WordPress website as a non-public version, make changes, and synchronize selected data to production version without affecting normal operation.
- Offer restore points before updating WordPress installation or copy its data where there is always a roll back in case if the results are not satisfying.
- Protect access to your WordPress website with a password.
- Manage maintenance mode and customize maintenance page in WordPress Toolkit.
Some features only available in Plesk Onyx 17.8 and above:
- Smart Updates is a premium feature where it helps to keep your website up-to-date without breaking your websites by using Machine Learning Artificial Intelligence to predict if the updates are safe or not and the possibilities of breaking your website after installation.
- Activate caching for WordPress with just a click.
- Improved and friendly interface for fast managing WordPress websites and more focused WordPress Toolkit experience.
Learn more here
Have a question? Please feel free to talk to our professional and friendly staff.