If one wants to increase the website’s ranking, one must be familiar with the concept of “domain authority.”
The domain authority (DA) metric is based on Moz’s industry-leading web index, which is used by SEO professionals all over the world.
It’s crucial to understand that domain authority is one of the top 200 Google ranking variables for anyone working on SEO.
Domain authority (DA) and page authority (PA), are two of the most well-known and highly regarded metrics in the SEO business and are commonly used to assess the rankability of a domain or page.
Domain authority (DA) & page authority (PA) are crucial SEO metrics used to evaluate a website’s ranking potential and predict its performance in search engines.
How Does Domain Authority Work?
One can use the domain authority (DA) ranking statistic to foretell how well the website will do in search engine results.
Moz created it and gives a score of 1 to 100 to websites. Therefore, having a high domain authority score increases the likelihood that the website will do well on search engine results pages (SERPs).
Domain authority can also be viewed as a measure of how relevant the website is to its niche or a certain subject. In other words, it’s a measurement of the ranking power or authority of the domain.
However, there is a little distinction between domain authority and page authority, so don’t confuse the two. The complete domain’s ranking power is displayed by domain authority.
While page authority examines a page’s potential to rank in search results, one can use PA Checker to check page authority.
How Does One Calculate a Good Domain Authority Score?
Domain authority is determined by a variety of variables. Websites like Google, Apple, or Microsoft, however, will have a high authority (between 95 and 100).
On the other side, the domain authority will be low if the website is fresh (possibly between 10 and 20).
Additionally, one should be aware that improving the site’s authority is simpler if it is between 20 and 30 than if it is between 70 and 80.
The meaning of each domain authority score is shown below:
- Below 30 is considered poor.
- 30 to 40 is considered below ordinary.
- In general, 40 to 50.
- Good range: 50 to 60.
- 60 to 70 is excellent.
- 80 or higher is fantastic.
- It’s crucial to keep in mind that domain authority aids in predicting how well a website will do in search results.
What Factors Influence Domain Authority?
Different authority checkers each have their own formula for determining domain authority.
Regarding Moz, it calculates your domain authority score based on more than 40 different variables.
However, the most crucial domain authority elements are as follows:
- The number of websites connecting to a web page is counted using MozRank. It also considers the quality of the sites connecting to ones.
- Links from the website’s internal and external pages are included in the link profile.
Therefore, one would receive a good grade if the post contains links to trustworthy websites and receives links in return from other respectable websites.
- Root Domains – In addition to looking at the quantity of backlinks that are unique, Moz also examines the link profile. Imagine one have 100 links, but they all come from the same website.
- MozTrust – Moz evaluates the reliability of websites that link to the page. For instance, one will receive a domain authority score if one receive a connection from a university website, a government website, or a website for a sizable corporation.
- Site Organization and User-Friendliness – To get a high domain authority, one must make sure that your site is organized in a way that makes it simple for search engines like Google to index your pages. Additionally, one must give the visitors a fantastic user experience.
The Best Ways to Boost Domain Authority
- Obtain Quality Backlinks from Reputable Websites
- Make content that is worth linking to
- Check the Website and Remove Unwanted Links
- Improve the User Experience and Structure of Your Website
- Make the internal links better.
Free Domain Authority Checker Tools
Now that one knows how to increase your domain score, here are some DA checker tools to check the domain authority of the website.
1# Link Explorer by Moz
One may examine any website’s domain authority using Moz Link Explorer. Enter the website’s URL or that of its rivals to view the domain authority.
These domain checker programs even offer details on the quantity of distinctive backlinks, root domains, and keywords that are ranking for a certain domain.
The most followed links to this site, the top pages, the top anchor text, and more reports can be seen by scrolling further down.
Another domain authority checker one may use to determine a website’s DA is Ahrefs, one of the top SEO tools on the market. Be aware that although Ahrefs refers to it as “domain rating,” “domain authority” is the same thing.
One should also be aware that it calculates the authority using its own algorithm and factors. Therefore, if one compares it to Moz or any other DA checker tool, they can notice a difference in the scores.
Many SEO experts use SEMrush, a program that also offers information about a website’s domain authority.
Go to Backlinks Analytics in SEMrush to see the domain authority of the website or those of the competitors. View the authority score under the Overview tab, which is also called domain authority.
One should keep in mind that they have no control over their site’s domain authority. All one can do is arrange the components correctly so that your DA rises steadily.
Another thing to keep in mind is that increasing domain authority takes time and won’t happen immediately.
If one wants to get a domain for a blog or business website to rank on search engines, Exabytes can help secure your ideal domain name and prevent domain hacking at the same time.
To learn more about our domain services, contact us now.
Have A Cool Domain Name in Mind?
Use our simple domain availability checker to check
if your dream domain is taken or not.