Flexi Cloud Nodes
Exabytes Flexi Cloud Node’s Cloud Hosting is made up of one or more nodes. Each node provides 1GB RAM, 10GB SAN storage, 1 CPU Core and 1GB/hour data transfer. Discounts apply when buying multiple nodes, so the more you need, the more you can save.
Terms And Conditions
- Promotion price is applicable to new registration only. For renewal, the price will be reverted to default price.
- Cloud Server setup will take at least one working day.
- All prices are quoted in Singapore Dollar.
- Prices do not include domain registration and SSL.
- Promotion valid for first payment only, next renewal is based on normal price.
- In order to ensure the stability and performance of our servers, if a resold account is found to overload the server, we reserve the right to suspend the resold account without prior notice and the right not to unsuspend the account
- This promotion is valid for new sign-ups only; prices will revert to normal at subsequent renewals.
- Setup Fees will be waived if customers pay quarterly, semi-annually or annually. However, setup fees are applicable for cancellations done within the first 30 days after signing up.
- Pricing includes first Level Technical Support (reboot & remote assistance).
- All Prices quoted are in Singapore Dollars.
- Cloud Server setup will take at least one working day.
- There is strictly NO refund for Cloud hosting purchases.
- You do agree to our terms of service available here.
- For enquiries, please contact us.
- Exabytes reserves the right to amend any Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Scale Your Business With Exabytes Cloud Hosting
“Experience the power and flexibility of cloud hosting! Not only you pay for only what you use, your computing power is highly scalable, ie grows and shrinks based on demand, which greatly improves your visitor website experience.”
Cloud For Social Media Site
Are you running a social media site on which your members extensively share photos, videos and music? Stop worrying about traffic surge in peak hours and paying more during off peak. Exabytes’ cloud lets you pay as you use.
Cloud For Web Application
Is your website running multiple web applications such as order status check, file sharing, data storing, etc? With Exabytes’ cloud, you can improve your website loading speed without making extensive investment on hardware.
Cloud For Facebook Application
Are you a program / game developer for Facebook? Hosting your applications / games with Exabytes’ cloud ensures that your website runs at optimum speed even if your visitors access / browse them from a remote location.
Cloud For Business Application
Wish to avoid site overloading when multiple customers simultaneously place their orders, make payments or chat with your staff on live chat? With Exabytes’ cloud, you can focus on your e-Biz and profits instead of your hardware.
Conventional Dedicated Server Vs. Cloud Server
5 Reasons Why Exabytes Cloud Hosting
High Availability, Self-Healing Hardware
Unlike traditional hosting, our whole infrastructure is cloud-based with high redundancy and high availability. So what happens if the hardware fails?
- Every virtual machine within the cloud is automatic self-healing.
- The failed hardware will fall out of the cloud.
- Your virtual machine will be back online within seconds on new hardware – automatically.
Enterprise Disk Storage
- Exabytes’ Cloud Storage is powered by multiple units of Dell Compellent which provide you with extremely reliable and scalable enterprise grade SANS storage that’s configured as RAID 10.
- Exabytes Cloud allows you to add more storage on demand without the need to migrate your servers or change to new hard drives.
- Nightly, Weekly, Monthly and on Demand backups are included. You may also add in optional Managed Snapshot and Incremental backup.
Scale With Demand
The other guys’ servers have a finite amount of resources but infinite amounts of traffic. Think Elasticity. Exabytes Cloud is able to dynamically assign:
- Hard Disk
- More Virtual Machines
Sign Up And Be Online In Minutes
Our setups are automated. Your order will be processed automatically upon receipt of payment and your login details will be sent to you within 10 minutes. Just sign up with:
- Credit card
Cloud Hosting Expertise
- Exabytes Cloud Hosting is backed by over 40 Cloud Hosting specialists.
- Exabytes is trusted by over 60,000 active clients worldwide.
- Exabytes is currently managing over 600 hosting servers.
- Exabytes understand your Cloud Hosting requirements well.
Screenshots Of Flexi Cloud Nodes
Exabytes Flexi Cloud Order Form
Exabytes Cloud Control Panel – Overview
Create New Virtual Machine
Cloud Virtual Machine Details
Web based Server Console (Windows Virtual Mchine)
Web based Server Console (Linux Virtual Machine)
Configure Software Firewall Rules for Virtual Machine
Configure Auto Scaling Rules for Virtual Machine
Cloud Virtual Machine – Network Usage Graph
Cloud Virtual Machine – CPU Usage Graph
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum capacity for each virtual machine (VM) in the cloud?
8 CPU Cores, 64GB RAM, 1000GB Disk Space.
Up to how many virtual machines can I create?
It depends on how many virtual machine (server) creations are allowed in your package. Each unit of Exabytes Flexi Cloud Node allows you to create one virtual machine.
For example, if you have:
- Flexi Cloud Node – 1 Node: You can create 1 virtual machine
- Flexi Cloud Node – 2 Nodes: You can create max 2 virtual machines
- Flexi Cloud Node – 8 Nodes: You can create max 8 virtual machines
- Flexi Cloud Node – 16 Nodes: You can create max 16 virtual machines
What types of Operating Systems are currently supported?
- CentOS 5.6
- Fedora Linux 15
- CloudLinux Server 5.6 *
- Ubuntu 11
- Debian 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux *
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 64bits (Outsourcing, SPLA)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 64bits (Outsourcing, SPLA)
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter R2 64bits (Outsourcing, SPLA)
- Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 64bits (Outsourcing, SPLA)
- Windows Server 2008 Web R2 64bits (Outsourcing, SPLA)
- * Indicates separate license fees are required.
What is the definition of “Outsourcing” for Windows Server?
To make the change for Windows Server licensing in SPLA(Microsoft’s Software Provider Licensing Agreement), Microsoft has defined “outsourcing” as follows:
Outsourcing is an application or service which a Service Provider manages on behalf of its customer. For purposes of this definition, the managed application or service is:
- Used by its customer’s employees, contractors, agents, or vendors, and
- Not the Service Provider’s intellectual property
The following are some important factors to consider when you apply this definition to scenarios:
- The outsourcing definition is based on the application or service provided to a customer and not how a Service Provider is categorized as an entity.
- Apply this definition to each individual server that is involved in delivering the application or service. This can result in scenarios where a Service Provider may have a mix of outsourcing and non-outsourcing servers from which they provide their managed service.
- The application or service must meet all portions of the definition to fit the definition.
Can I install and use my own Microsoft license?
No, end-customer-owned licenses (such as Small Business Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, or other server applications acquired through Microsoft Select or Enterprise Agreements) are not allowed in Public Cloud Server environment. Customers are required to report and subscribe to the additional Microsoft Product Licenses from Exabytes.
Is my data secured?
Your data is physically hosted in a secured data center environment that is manned 24×7 with multiple access checking and CCTV. This is also the same data center that some of the large enterprises, public listed companies, banks, governments servers are hosted at.
Your data is hosted on a secured server cluster that consists of multiple redundant servers.
Your data is hosted on a properly configured, tested and patched cloud cluster. The operating system and virtualization system and the same system used by thousands of enterprise worldwide. The cloud control panel system that we are using is the same system that is used by some of the largest hosting company in Europe and Japan.
Your data is stored on a RAID10 SAN, and if you have backups enabled for your system these will be stored away from the primary data store.
Exabytes Cloud implements “Customer Isolation Module” (CIM) in addition to the hypervisor’s own security features. This anti-spoof/anti-sniff firewall ensures all virtual machines within the same cloud are in complete isolation including isolating the virtual machines’ data and traffic.
What can I do to ensure my data and my server are safe?
- Make sure you use a strong password with combination of small and capital letter, numbers and special characters. Change your password once at least every 3 months.
- Store your password in a secure place.
- Do not grant permissions to everyone.
- Do not grant FULL permission.
- Encrypt your data and database.
- Patch and make sure your operating system and applications are always up to date.
- Do not install unknown / untrusted applications on your server.
- Firewall your server.
How fast is it to set up my cloud hosting account?
Your Exabytes Cloud account will be ready within 5 minutes upon successful receipt of your payment (by credit card or PayPal). You shall receive an email that contains the login details to your Exabytes Cloud Control Panel.
* Cloud account setup may be delayed if payment is made via bank transfer or offline check / cash bank in.
** Please check your Junk mail folder if you still do not receive your account login details after 10 minutes. Also make sure you white list @exabytes.com in your email program. Contact email@example.com if you do not receive your login details.
What type of virtualization technology is Exabytes using for cloud hosting?
Exabytes Cloud is using Xen Hypervisor.
The Xen® hypervisor, the powerful open source industry standard for virtualization, offers a powerful, efficient, and secure feature set for virtualization of x86, x86_64, IA64, ARM, and other CPU architectures. It supports a wide range of guest operating systems including Windows®, Linux®, Solaris®, and various versions of the BSD operating systems. What is Xen? – Why Xen?
Xen powers most public cloud services and many hosting services, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Hosting and Linode. Commercial virtualization products such as Oracle VM and XenServer are built on top of Xen, as well as desktop virtualization solutions such as Qubes OS and XenClient. From Linux 3.0 onwards, all the codes necessary to run Linux as the Xen management OS and as a Xen guest, is part of the Linux kernel.
More information about Xen: http://xen.org/
I am currently hosted on Exabytes VPS (Not Cloud VPS) / Dedicated Server, can I upgrade to Exabytes Cloud Server?
You can’t directly “upgrade” from your conventional VPS or dedicated server to Exabytes Cloud. You will need to sign up for the new Exabytes Cloud hosting and migrate your data to the Cloud server. Although it involves a one-time work of migration, but that will also gives you a lot more of flexibility, better redundancy and more control over your servers / virtual machines on the new Exabytes Cloud hosting.
Can I upgrade my existing Exabytes Flexi Cloud Nodes or Flexi Cloud Server?
It’s very easy to upgrade a Flexi Cloud Server. Just buy some additional nodes, and then assign them to the machine. The system will shut down your machine, upgrade it, and bring it back up automatically.
How long will an upgrade of Exabytes Flexi Cloud Nodes or Flexi Cloud Server take?
This depends entirely on how much data is stored on your system. Upgrades are usually completed within a minute, but downgrades can take up to an hour.
How do you allocate resources?
Each Exabytes Cloud Server is made up of one or more units called nodes. A node is allocated a guaranteed share of CPU and RAM resources as well as SAN storage space and monthly bandwidth. The more nodes you assign to a Virtual Machine, the more physical resources will be dedicated to your system. Unlike many other providers we do not oversell or share any resources between machines.
How much technical knowledge do I need?
It is very easy to get Exabytes Flexi Cloud up and running with pre-installed software as it requires very little experience to get started. However, remember that this is not a managed service by default (please read below for Managed Service options), so you will be responsible for maintaining your server. We therefore recommend that you take the time to gain a basic understanding of Linux / Windows Server administration.
Do you offer Managed Services?
Exabytes does offer an optional Managed Services plan for a monthly fee of RM100 per virtual machine/VPS, which gives you pro-active managed support help for the setup and management of your Cloud Server.
What can I do with my Cloud Server?
You can host any services you like on your Cloud Server, including web hosting, WordPress, Joomla, CRM, HRMS, CMS, Rails applications, or even an Asterisk voice over IP system. You will have root access to your Cloud server so there’s no limit to what you can run, as long as it doesn’t violate our terms of service.
How much can I host from my Cloud Server?
There is no limit to how many services, domains, or applications you can run on a Exabytes Cloud server. However, you need to make sure you allocate enough resources to deal with the services you expect to provide.
How do you back up data?
Once backups are enabled in your system, it will automatically be backed up every day, and archived every week and every month. Thus, you will always have the opportunity to roll back your Cloud Server in case something goes wrong.
What if I break my Cloud Server?
If you break your system, you can quickly get it running again, either by restoring a recent backup, or by deleting it and creating a new VM with a clean installation.
What if I want to change my OS?
At any time you can create a new Cloud Server from any of our templates.
How many IPs do I get?
All systems come automatically configured with 1 dedicated IP address.
Do you provide MSSQL/MySQL DBs?
We do not provide centralized database servers; however creating a MSSQL Express or MySQL Cloud Server is quick and simple, giving you full control over your database.
Can I firewall my server?
Absolutely. We recommend configuring iptables on all virtual machines, as well as keeping up to date with patches to keep your systems secure.
How do you bill?
You can subscribe to Exabytes Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, Annually and up or Bi-Annually prepaid plan. The longer billing period you subscribe to, the more saving and discounts you enjoy.
Also the more nodes you purchase, the more saving and discounts you enjoy.
For add-ons, excess usage or hourly resources subscribed will be bill on a monthly basis at the end of each month.