In this post, we assume that you already know what a domain is. Still, sometimes, it can be really confusing when we try to differentiate different types of domains, such add-on domains, subdomains and parked domains.
Do you know the differences between them?
- What is?
Are you aware that when you sign up for a web hosting account and a domain, you can still register another domain in the future and use the SAME hosting account (without paying for hosting again)?
For example, now you have a hosting account and a domain (let’s call it www.domain1.com). Few weeks later, you buy another domain (let’s call it www.domain2.com) to create an additional website. All you need to do is just host the domain on the same web hosting account without paying for hosting again.
In this case, www.domain2.com is the add-on domain.
- Benefits of using Add-on Domains
- You can create several domains and websites with the same hosting account
- It has independent FTP manager, site statistics and storage bins which are posted automatically
- SEO benefits: Different sets of keywords can be used to promote the websites from a single hosting account
- What is?
A Subdomain is extremely useful as it allows you to have a stand-alone website with unique content without having to register for another new domain. Imagine you own the domain www.exabytes.sg. To create a blog for your company, you just need to create another subdomain http://blog.exabytes.sg/
In this case, http://blog.exabytes.sg/ is the subdomain.
- Benefits of using Subdomains:
- Increase search rankings and website traffic
- It’s easy to install/upload anything to your subdomains
- Subdomains are free – you can add them at zero cos
- What is?
Domain owners use a parked domain to point to their main website. For example, if www.domain1.com is your main site, you can register another domain www.domain2.com and assign it as a parked domain. When a website visitor visits www.domain2.com , he or she will see the exactly same content as on www.domain1.com.
In this case, www.domain2.com is the parked domain.
- Benefits of Parked Domain
- Increase online visibility with multiple parked domains
Now that you know the differences between them, you can use them to your advantage. For example, an add-on domain can optimize your web hosting space.
And now we currently having some offer for domains, do remember to check it out at TLD Domain | exabytes.sg
Can you think of other benefits?